David Edward Kelly

This page is set up for our son, David. He was born on August 11, 2005 at 4:33 pm. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Confessions of a New Mom

For all new moms out there, I post this message to make you feel better about those "little things" that happen along the way in motherhood. You know, those things that make you feel like the worst mom in the world. Well, next time you think you are the worst mom in the world remind yourself of this story...
While I was in S.C. this past week I locked my 4 month old son in the car. Yes, you read correctly, I locked David and the keys in the car with no spare key around. My beautiful sister and I were about to make a trip to our favorite lunch spot (Groucho's) and we were running a little late. Apparently, she handed me the keys and I tossed them into the front seat because it takes two hands to do the car seat if you don't have a base to snap it into. Anyway, I had no idea the rest of the car was still locked so when I shut the door to go around I heard the car alarm set and all the doors lock. I immediately froze in shock. Surely I had not just done what I new I had done! My first thought was, hurry and break the window so I can get to my baby. But instead of picking up the closest rock, I went to tell my sister who happened to be on the phone with my mom at the time. To make a long story short, mom called the police and we were stuck waiting. I had to walk away because I couldn't sit there and listen to my child cry. He was crying because he wanted his paci to go to sleep. And he was stuck without it and I couldn't help him, plus I was the reason he was trapped in there in the first place! Being the sweet baby boy that he is, he only cried for a few minutes and then drifted off to a deep sleep. He was so asleep that when an old friend of mine popped open the lock on the door (yes the cops came but they did nothing to help, she didn't have the "right tool") the alarm began blowing and David didn't even wake up. Needless to say, my family did not and will never let me live this one down! I certainly learned my lesson about locking doors and keeping the keys with me at all times. Hope his makes all new moms feel great about themselves today :)!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Hope said…

    Oh no! Hey, if that is the worst thing you ever do as a mom, you'll be in good shape. I know you were terrified, but when David is old enough, it will be a funny story to tell him. We live and learn everyday!!!!!And I think you are an awesome MOM!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home