David Edward Kelly

This page is set up for our son, David. He was born on August 11, 2005 at 4:33 pm. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

David's favorite food...

is hands down the spinach nuggets I received from a fellow blogger a few months ago! I've never met this person, but she has given my little boy lots of smiles because of this yummy recipe. So, since I can't seem to get pictures on the blog I thought I'd post the recipe for Spinach Nuggets... ENJOY!

Spinach Nuggets

2 10 oz. boxes frozen chopped spinach (I am sure you could use fresh steamed spinach also)
3 T butter
1 c wheat bread crumbs
1 c grated parmesan
2 eggs, beaten

Cook spinach according to package directions, drain, and squeeze out excess water
Add butter to spinach and let melt
Add bread crumbs, cheese, and then eggs. Mix well
Form into small balls, and then flatten on cookie sheet
Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.

Notes: This recipe made about 20 or so nuggets, so you can freeze the rest for a quick meal. Just put a serving in a ziplock bag, freeze and then pop them in the microwave for about 30 seconds when it's chow time!

5 Comments:

  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Beth Goff said…

    I had a hard time getting pictures up today too!! It finally worked but I had to use the Left hand side for the pictures... our new blog is kbelleg.blogspot.com.
    Can't wait to see your pics once you get them up... Beth

     
  • At 1:56 AM, Blogger Devona said…

    I (finally) started posting to our blog again and had a lot of trouble getting it to work. Hope you had a fun night trick or treating! We got pictures taken, but we have to wait for daddy to download them before we can post them, since I have no idea how to do it!! Miss you and the boys say hi. By the way, email me at DevonaJ5@aol.com so I can send you pictures of my great niece. I think she'd be perfect for David!! Ha ha. Miss y'all!!

     
  • At 7:41 AM, Blogger Hope said…

    We tried this recipe last week and I was concerned because they looked a little strange coming out of the oven, but thankfully tasted much better than they looked! Claudia really likes them. I never would have thought to try something like this with a picky toddler, so thanks to whoever posted. Keep the toddler food ideas coming! I'm very appreciative!

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Jenna said…

    I will have to try that. It sounds like something that they would NOT like! Can't wait to see how Nate likes it.

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger Amy C said…

    Maybe Jenna will do the work and invite us over to try some of those, I did print the recipe out though. I am always up for an adventure!?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home