David Edward Kelly

This page is set up for our son, David. He was born on August 11, 2005 at 4:33 pm. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Loss

I am very sad to post that we "lost" the baby. It seems strange to type the term "lost" seeing that we know exactly where the baby is now. It has been a rough few days, but God has given us a tremendous peace about the situation. We are so thankful for our precious little boy and God keeps reminding us that He is faithful and has a wonderful plan for our family. Physically, I am truly doing fine... I went to the doctor Monday morning and he scheduled a D & C for that afternoon. I spent today recovering and he said I would be fine to return to work on Thursday. He reassured both Trey and I that there was no apparent reason for the miscarriage. David is a true source of joy and laughter for us. He is also a constant reminder that God is so good to us and even the hard times are a part of His plan for us as His children. I keep remembering this verse throughout the day...
"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans for a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

10 Comments:

  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger Hope said…

    I am SO sorry you are having to go through this! You have such an amazing little family and I know there are great things in store for ya'll. We are thinking of you and praying that you continue to find peace in a painful situation. Hugs and kisses to all of you! We love you very much!!! Edgard, Hope & Claudia

    (P.S. I'm certain Granny is rocking and singing away.)

     
  • At 10:34 PM, Blogger Beth Goff said…

    I am so sorry! My brother and sister in law lost their second child too! Praise God that He is in control and He will bless you for your faithfulness to HIM! We love yall!
    Beth

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ya'lls strength and faithfulness are such an amazing testimony to God's work in each of your lives and in your family. Ya'll are in my prayers!!! Give David lots of kisses from his Aunt B. I love you!!!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so sad to hear about your loss and so sorry that you all have to go through this. I will have ya'll in my prayers! Love you, Jordan

     
  • At 4:25 PM, Blogger Amy C said…

    I am sorry to hear about your loss. You are such an inspiration in bringing glory to God during this hard time. I will pray for continued comfort and peace.

     
  • At 3:41 PM, Blogger Jenna said…

    I am so very sorry for your loss. Please know that you and Trey are in our thoughts and prayers. Feel free to call me if you need to talk.

     
  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    Dani,
    I have been meaning to comment all week now... I was so sad to read your post! I can't imagine what you and your family have gone through, but at least you are comforted by the fact that God has a plan! I'll be thinking about you!!!

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Devona said…

    We are all so very sorry for your loss. You're in our thoughts and prayers and you have my email address if you need to talk.

     
  • At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dani and Trey- y'all are amazing and I'm so proud of your strength because things like this are never easy. Yes, God has a plan and you'll realize it when you see the next child in your arms- it will be "meant to be."
    I love and miss you!

     
  • At 9:51 AM, Blogger Lori said…

    Danielle, I am truyly sorry to hear of your loss. I know firsthand what it is to feel the heartbreak, and at the same time, the joy of knowing one day, you will meet your child in glory. We will be praying with you all, as you move on and use this experience as a testimony of God's sovereign control and perfect plan for your lives. May His perfect peace comfort you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home