David Edward Kelly

This page is set up for our son, David. He was born on August 11, 2005 at 4:33 pm. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Friday, August 11, 2006

One year ago today...

... we were PRAYING that you would arrive soon. I had a 9:00 appointment with Dr. Mendez and since we were so hopeful, your dad and I had the car packed with all the suitcases. We did not want to go back home without you! Sure enough by the time I got to the doctors office I was at 4 cm and he felt it was o.k. to send me over and break my water so we could get the show on the road. YEAH! You were finally going to come! The first thing I told the nurses was that I wanted an epidural as soon as possible and the rest of the day went something like this... Dr. Mendez broke my water at around 10 am, I got the epidural at 10:20 (after feeling only a few small contractions), a few hours and 4 pushes later and you were born at 4:33! You weighed 7 lbs. 7 ozs. and were 20 inches long. Our life hasn't been the same since and you are truly a joy everyday! You were the best newborn baby, sleeping very well and once we switched to formula you became (and remain) a little pig. You have a somewhat serious disposition but always offer a flirtatous smile. I can't believe how much you have grown! Just take a look...

The day before you were born, I was about to POP!

On the way home from the hospital.

What a sweet baby!

Sleeping in your crib.

You loved your exersaucer!

Bath time!

Talking to daddy, there is nothing better than your sweet voice!

There is the flirtatous smile.

One of my favorite pictures of you!

Are you hiding something?

Wearing daddy's hat.

What a charmer!

Ummm, that sure tastes good!

You love to play outside,

and you love to chase us around the house!

And now you're about to start walking. I can't believe how big you are. We love you so much! HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY BABY BOY!!!

9 Comments:

  • At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday, David!

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday, David from all of us Loves! We miss you so much & can't wait to see you again! I wanted to let you know that there's a little present on the way! Hope you have an amazing birthday! Love you all!

     
  • At 4:51 PM, Blogger Amy C said…

    You are all precious. What a beautiful family. I love the picture of you in your retro pregnant shirt. So cute. David has such beautiful eyes. Happy first birthday little man!

     
  • At 7:27 PM, Blogger Hope said…

    Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Cousin David, happy birthday to you!!

    Just a little something for your great-Granny to be proud of...We love you very much and wish you a fabulous first birthday!!!! Love, Edgard, Hope and Claudia

     
  • At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy First Birthday David!!!!! Wish we could be there to celebrate it with you. You are our sunshine and can not beleive how big you are getting!! We know your Birthday was just as special as you!!! We love you sooooo much!! Daddy t and Dee Dee

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Devona said…

    Happy 1st Birthday David!! You are such a handsome little guy and you are so lucky to have the mommy and daddy that you do. What an amazing first year you've had and they're just going to keep getting better and better. Miss you!!!

     
  • At 2:12 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Wow. time does fly. Happy Birthday David... you are the cutest!

     
  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger Leslie said…

    Hi Dani! I can't believe David is a year old already. I feel like I just heard about his arrival. He is so adorable! What a beautiful child. Thank you for your sweet comments on our site. I would love to know when you will back in SC. I would love to see you! Maybe Carlysle will be here by then. Just wanted to say HI! And Happy (Late) Birthday to David!
    Leslie

     
  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Jenna said…

    Happy Birthday, David!! I can't believe he is already 1!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home