David Edward Kelly

This page is set up for our son, David. He was born on August 11, 2005 at 4:33 pm. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

One day...

... David will be so mad at me for posting these pictures, but I had to document what it is like during bath time with David at 9 months. He is fearless! He is suppose to sit in the "toddler" part of the tub but recently he has tried climbing out and thinks it is oh so fun! So, not only do I need to wear a rain coat for the splashing but now I feel I need to add special gloves to keep him from slipping as I repeatedly say "sit down" and plop him in the water. It is really fun to see him venture out and explore, but we are trying to put a stop to it at the same time. And you would think after all those years I spent taking care of kids I would remember what step is next, but for some reason I am at a loss. My question to all the experienced moms out there is "what should I do?" Do we go straight to the "big tub" or have you found a transition that works? We would appreciate any advice... it seems they invent something new everyday and I don't want to spend money on something that doesn't really work. In the meantime, here are more entertaining pics...


"Am I doing something wrong mom?"


How can I stay frustrated with this sweet face??? He is quite the charmer!


Yes, this is David standing completely up, legs totally straight. Fittingly enough, he has a monkey puppet hanging out of his mouth!


He sits down long enough to chew his rubber duck for a minute and then he is back to work!

4 Comments:

  • At 8:03 AM, Blogger Amy C said…

    David is adorable. I can just see it now in his wedding video!

     
  • At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    With Drew we got an inflatable little tub that fits inside the big tub. I think Sassy makes them and we got ours at Target or Babies R Us. They run about $5-10. It allows a little bit more freedom; Drew loved it. With Mary Des we just went straight to the big tub, although we did it just a couple of weeks ago (she's much more content to sit down than Drew ever was).

    David sure is a cutie!

     
  • At 8:59 AM, Blogger Jenna said…

    He is so cute! You could always try him in the big tub and if it doesn't work out then you could try something else.

     
  • At 11:42 AM, Blogger Hope said…

    What a cutie!!!
    We moved Claudia to the big tub about a month ago and found it much easier. No transition. We just did it. We actually purchased the inflatable tub mentioned above, but never used it. She LOVES the big tub. We put in lots of tub toys, tub books, and a bright fish tub mat to keep her from slipping!

    We are looking so forward to seeing you both in a few weeks!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home