David Edward Kelly

This page is set up for our son, David. He was born on August 11, 2005 at 4:33 pm. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Friday, June 02, 2006

A funny story...

So, for those of you who do not know my wonderful husband he is very handsome at 6'5". Yes, that is tall! He uses his height in positive ways often. For example, he can spot anyone in a crowd. Since I am vertically challenged at 5'3" (on a good day), I love that he is so tall. He also finds himself acting as a human jungle gym to kids, which is always fun. Well, tonight Trey found a new use for his height. We went to sweet Kailey Hernandez's 6th birthday party at Chucky Cheese. Kailey's sister, Avery (4 yrs.) is deathly afraid of large, fake, human like characters. So, Chucky the mouse was a very scary thought for her all week. A few days ago (out of the blue) Avery told her mom that she needed Trey to come to the party. When asked why, she replyed "Chucky could never reach me up there..."! So, she had a plan that involved Trey protecting her by letting her stay "way high" on his sholders. And, from the pictures below, it worked! She was in the booth crying when we got there. After Trey took her, she stayed high and watched the party with only a few more tears. I have the best husband in the world! Enjoy the pics...


Happy 6th birthday Kailey!!!


Proof that little Avery stayed "high" so that Chucky Cheese couldn't get her. Too cute!


David and Carter eating dinner together... it was too cute when they both starting "fake laughing" because all the adults were laughing. They grow so fast!


Avery wouldn't budge... she even ate her cake and ice cream with Trey!


David playing with Carter in toddler land. He really likes to try to keep up with the "big kids".


And, Avery is still sitting with Trey...

8 Comments:

  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger Hope said…

    What a sweet husband you have!!!

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how cute are the pictures! yes, you do have a wonderful husband and father to our sweet david! i guess what you both have, is a beautiful and blessed family!!!! can not wait to see you - only 20 and a half hours!!!!!!!!!!!! love dee dee

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Devona said…

    What a wonderful husband!! Love the pictures. David is getting so big. Bet he had a blast at Chuck E Cheeses! Can't wait to see more pictures.

     
  • At 7:58 PM, Blogger Amy C said…

    That is too cute. What a smart girl to plan ahead. You have a really cute family. I love to see all your great photos.

     
  • At 11:30 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Hey Girl, it is Erin from RTE hope your summer is going good. Since I have had some time off I spent a little time looking at David's Blog and it is too cute and such a wonderful idea that I have decided to do one for Kayden, I am doing a scrapbook for her and I have been writing things down in a calendar but the calendar only went up to a year and her scapbook is for milestones/special events etc. not for daily/weekly things that are happening and plus I was sending out monthly e-mails but when I saw David's page, I thought what a wonderful thing. This would allow me to journal about Kayden's life and all of my family and friends would be able to keep in touch easily daily/weekly/monthly since most of them live away, and even friends that live here could keep in touch b/c it is so hard to see everyone as much when you have a little one. I am so glad that I remembered to look at David's page and had the time b/c now we can also stay in touch. Wish I would have looked at it earlier, what a wonderful idea ! Hope you have a great week and hope to hear from you soon.

     
  • At 12:25 PM, Blogger courtney said…

    That is absolutely hilarious! But I can totally relate to the fear--i screamed through one of trey's b-day parties at showbiz when I was like 2. Love and miss you guys!

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Jenna said…

    That is great!! Looks like fun. Cade was scared of Chuck E. Cheese for a long time. Was Trey's neck killing him after the party? Hope you are enjoying your summer!

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Leslie said…

    Hi Dani! How are you? Kerri Pennington told me you had a website for David so I did a search and got lucky to find it. David is adorable! He definitely has his mommy's eyes. It's been so long since I have talked to you. I asked Brittany for your email address but she didn't know it so I decided to leave a comment here. I would love to catch up. Joey and I also working on a website for our little girl who should be arriving in October. I have so much to talk to you about. My email address is ladelaney9@hotmail.com. I would love to hear from you. Take Care.
    Love, Leslie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home