David Edward Kelly

This page is set up for our son, David. He was born on August 11, 2005 at 4:33 pm. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Friday, January 12, 2007

David at Seventeen Months

I can't believe my baby is already 17 months old! It amazes me how fast the time goes. The biggest development lately is that David seems to have become a toddler in every way now! He talks, talks, talks (actually I have been really slack on documenting all the things the little guy can say, so I will probably do so below). He can throw tantrums like a champ when he doesn't get his way. He is Mr. Independent and wants to feed himself at all times. He is a champion dancer thanks to The Wiggles (which he loves). And he loves routine! He is still pretty go with the flow and wants to be around if anything is happening, but if I forget a part of our daily routine he reminds me. He is such a joy and I love seeing his personality grow. Here are some things I want to rememer about David at 17 months:

*He says EVERYTHING you say. He can and will repeat anything. If you tell him we are going to church, he says "dada". If you tell him we are going to school, he says "go at-side", "ca", "bab-wa" and "faif" (go outside, car, Barbara/teacher and Faith/friend). He can say all family member's name (except Claudia and Bridges, which are kinda hard). He can say most of his colors and most of the food items he likes to eat (cereal, toast, milk, grapes, the list could go on...).
*He uses his signs for "peaz" (please) and "tank ou" (thank you) while saying the words. It was really funny to me that he didn't use the signs until he could say the word... go figure!
*He LOVES to fold his hands and say his prayers. If I plan to read two books instead of one before bed, he pushes the second book away and folds his hands and then says "AAAAA-Men!", very cute!
*He likes to whisper in the mornings while we eat breakfast (PRICELESS moments). His favorite breakfast is scambled eggs and fruit.
*He is on somewhat of a veggie strike, which is hard for me. He was such a champion vegetable eater for so long, but now he really only likes green beans and broccoli. He still eats SO MUCH FOOD!
*When he pouts, he sticks out his bottom and top lip (yes, like a fish face). It is really hard not to laugh!
*He dances to any/every song and continues to like all types of music.
*He knows most of the motions to at least 4 or 5 of The Wiggles songs.
*He loves M&M's.
*He still loves to read, especially in the big chair in his room.
*He won't tell you a bit of these words, sayings, or do the actions if we see you in public. However, if he knows your name he will probably say it really loud!


He also finally likes spaghetti. However, I'm not sure I like the mess (any suggestions on how to get the red out of plastic bibs?)

We love you so much baby boy! You are a joy to have as a son and we cherish every minute we have with you!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Hope said…

    He is such a little man now, they are growing so quickly. What a great vocabulary. I am convinced we are the only ones who understand Claudia, she adds a lot of jibber-jabber between the real words.

    Spagetti makes a mess, but it is awesome for hiding veggies, too (also chili and alfredo sauce are great veggie hiders). I chop lots of veggies in and when they are covered in yummy sauce, she scarfs them down. Also, I have a red Bjorn bib. I always use a red bib for spagetti. I think it eventually comes out of the blue, but it seems to take awhile. I usually clean the bibs with Clorox Anywhere spray.

    We miss you all so much. Give David a big hug and kiss from us all!! His blog is Claudia's favorite. We just have to get you using the videos. (Download dropshots.com). A little birdie (Daph) asked me to get you started!

     
  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Beth Goff said…

    How cute... I am not looking forward to Karoline learning how to feed herself! I did get one of those plastic mats to put under her highchair so that should help. I loved reading David's little facts and I know he is such a blessing for yall!
    Stay warm!!! I can't believe yall are getting an ice storm. My mom was supposed to fly out here tomorrow but might not make it! :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home