David Edward Kelly

This page is set up for our son, David. He was born on August 11, 2005 at 4:33 pm. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Friday, July 20, 2007

Half Way There!

We are almost 21 weeks along now and doing well. We had another ultrasound today so I thought I'd post the new pictures of baby and document where we are now!

Baby says hi! I love that he is waving to us in this picture. (However the front view is always a little freaky in sonogram pictures!)

And he is still all boy!!!

The baby is growing well, and Trey noticed in the sonogram today that all his length and leg measurements were ahead of my current 20 weeks/5 days (surprise, surprise). He weighs 15 ounces and is VERY active! David never kept me up at night with movement, however this little guy is different. Even in the sonogram today, he was punching and kicking at the screen. I LOVE it! My fluid levels are great, which was a problem with David and the doctor said everything looks healthy! Praise the Lord!!!

And although I don't feel very photogenic these days, I did want to post a picture of what half way looks like. Trey quickly shot this photo last night and David was not wanting to pose! I am feeling well, just still on the tired side. I think it has something to do with chasing an almost 2 year old around all day. I return to my OB on July 30th so I'll know then how much weight I've gained and the current heart rate. I do have some of my appetite back, and pretty much feel the same way I did with David in that regard. One huge difference is that this little one is pressing on a nerve (maybe the Sciatic?) and is causing a lot of back pain, accompanied with shooting pain/numbness down my legs. Fun! Just kidding, it is worth it and as long as baby continues to grow and develop he can cause whatever pain he wants! We are beginning to make the boy's rooms their own, starting with closets. We will move David out of his crib (shhh, don't tell him) in about a month. I look forward to getting all of David's clothes down to see them again and also to see what will work. They should be off season, but the weather here in Texas is so crazy you never know! One last fun thing I want to remember is all the cravings and things I find helpful during this stage of pregnancy. We might just find ourselves doing this again!!!

Cravings:
Sonic ice with lime
Fruit
Beef Ramen Noodles (so healthy, by the way David also loves this kind of "pasketti"!)
Egg McMuffins minus the egg (along with a small Dr. Pepper)

Can't live without:
My hubby! Trey is so patient with my moods, cravings, tiredness, etc.
The Snoogle Pillow by Boppy. WHY didn't I have this with David?!?
Friends that watch David during all my appointments
Sonia, the cleaning lady. I'm so blessed to have this right now as this pregnancy has been a little scary at times and I've been tired a lot. I know, I know... I'm spoiled!
Tums Smoothies
Our families who are so excited with each piece of news about how things are going
All things baseball (equipment, movies, books, etc.) They keep David entertained while I attempt to get things done at a snail's pace

4 Comments:

  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger Hope said…

    I'm so glad everything is going well!! You look great!!

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Beth Goff said…

    I am so glad things are going well... You look so cute!! Anderson has been the same way about movements. I never felt Karoline this much but I enjoy it. About the nerve in your leg and back... I have the SAME thing! It is driving me crazy but I know it is worth it! We are so excited for yall!!!

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger Christa said…

    You look wonderful. I am so glad to hear all is well. I had sciatica with both pregnancies...the good news is it has gone away (by about 28-30 weeks) so there is an end in sight. It is horrible and it makes picking up a little one VERY tricky. Avoiding sitting down for long periods of time helped me.I love reading your cravings!

     
  • At 10:17 AM, Blogger Sandi said…

    Looking great! When does David want to come play?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home