David Edward Kelly

This page is set up for our son, David. He was born on August 11, 2005 at 4:33 pm. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Monday, August 13, 2007

Overnight...

Last night I was talking to my mom on the phone and she asked me if it seemed like David "suddenly" grew up overnight when he turned two... the answer is absolutely! I have been amazed the last 2 days at the things he has said/done! For example, we were sitting on the couch last night and he was playing with my hair. He has started enjoying this little snuggle time activity lately. Anyway, he held my hair out to the sides and studied me carefully. Then he said "Mommy, you an octopus!" He is speaking in 5 to 6 word sentences and coming up with his own ideas. I can tell it will be a hard age with discipline, but also a fun age because he is growing so much!

Here are some other "stats" on David at the age of two:


*He is so very independent! He likes to do all things by himself and his way!
*He still only likes to play sports. Rarely does he ask to do other things and he seems to just tollerate my attempts at coloring, playdoh, puzzles, and legos!
*He associates very well. For example, if I say a family member, he can say the other members of the family. If I say a friend, he can name their parents and other friends they've played with together.
*He will not let us go without saying the blessing at meals, which is really sweet. I'm trying to teach him he can talk to God anytime, not just at bedtime and meals :)!
*He still eats most anything and has only had one small "not eating stage". His favorite foods are spaghetti, mac 'n cheese, green beans, grapes, apples, pears, chicken, raisin bran cereal and ice cream.
*He is very active and runs from A to B. Even if it is only 2 steps!
*He has gone tee tee in the potty and seems interested but can't quite figure out how to make all the parts work at the right time.
*He still likes to read, especially at bedtime. He enjoys picking out the books he wants to read and the choices usually include Goodnight Moon, Ten Apples Up on Top, ABC Baseball, Touch and Feel Baseball, and Noah's Ark.
*His favorite sayings are:
"Okay" instead of yes
"I'm the great Bambino!"
"Keep your eye on the ball"
"You play ball like a GIRL!"
"I wuv you________"
"Play baseball outside?"
"Uh oh, what a mess"
"I'm TWO!"

*And lastly, I want to remember that David is a constant source of joy for us. Although he is very opinionated and wants to do what he wants, he is also very sweet. He loves to get our attention by dancing, hugs, hitting the baseball then saying "Good hit? Homerun!" and he has the most wonderful, contagious laugh. We are thankful for each day we get to spend with him!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:06 AM, Blogger Beth Goff said…

    He is so cute and sounds like so much fun! I remember when you brought him to church for the first time right before we moved and he was SO small!
    Have yall picked out a name yet for baby boy #2??

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Hope said…

    What a sweet post! It is so hard to believe he is TWO!

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    Dani- oh my goodness- David is adorable!! I met Hope (your cousin I think?!?) today at a playgroup and she was telling me ya'll are still in Texas- WOW!! I still remember the time we met watching the USC game at some rest with the USC Dallas/Ft Worth club. We are now back in SC- Reeves finished DTS and took a counseling position back here with a church- he loves it- it has been a transition and I miss big city living and the friends we made but love being near my family and the new friends we have made!! hope things are well with ya'll! Congrats on the new baby to come!!!
    Rebecca

     

Post a Comment

<< Home