David Edward Kelly

This page is set up for our son, David. He was born on August 11, 2005 at 4:33 pm. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Sunday, December 16, 2007

So, how's it REALLY going???

Life with 2 is wonderfully crazy! Now that we have been getting used to the "new normal" for almost 3 weeks, I can say that it just doesn't get any better than this! We've had a few bumps along the way, but all were minor and we are so thankful for our sweet family of 4!
David had one long, hard week after all the attention (i.e. grandparents) left. He spent a few days crying over everything, especially the word "no" and nothing seemed to make him smile. However, he never took it out on Jon. He truly LOVES his brother and likes being a big kid by helping. David wants to read books to Jon, bath Jon, and hold him all the time. The other day he told me "I HAVE to tell him secret!"... so he leaned down and whispered "I love you" to Jon. I thought I would cry, it was so sweet! And the other day he put a baseball in Jon's lap and said "keep your eye on the ball". I guess he is trying to teach him about baseball already! We are thankful the transition was short lived and David is back to his happy, 2 year old self!
Just for documentation I want to add a few things that David does now that he is sharing his world with Jon:
- He sleeps with a stuffed animal every night now (see above picture)
- He always wants his milk cup while I give Jon his milk
- He likes to "rearrange" the toys in his room while I'm nursing and can't get up (see picture below!)
- He has been waking up some nights and wants to get in bed with his daddy
David has been spending more one-on-one time with his daddy and they are both loving the extra attention ;)! So, I guess we are all getting used to the differences around here... David is coping well and I'm getting used to parts of my house looking like this:
YIKES!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAHA! I love the picture of David and his stuffed animal. Tell him that Aunt B and Uncle Matt will be there in a couple of months to spoil him rotten again:) Love y'all!

    Aunt B

     
  • At 9:53 AM, Blogger courtney said…

    David is seriously too adorable with that stuffed animal! Can't wait to see you guys soon and meet little Jon!

     
  • At 1:43 PM, Blogger Christa said…

    For a short time, CM loved to bang her toys on the TV while I was nursing because she knew I couldn't get up. After a few days of ignoring it, she stopped and she was back to entertaining herself by reading, playing, etc. There are still moments when she wants my attention pronto...but I have learned to multitask BIG time!!! I can now nurse IV handsfree while reading a book to CM. Ha! What a sight! Glad to hear things are improving- it only gets easier. It really got great around 9 weeks for us once his naps got more regular. Now- they both sleep at the same time at least once a day and that is awesome!

     
  • At 6:14 PM, Blogger Beth Goff said…

    i can't see the pics on this post for some reason! Sad!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home