David Edward Kelly

This page is set up for our son, David. He was born on August 11, 2005 at 4:33 pm. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Vacation to S.C.

David and I traveled to Bishopville to see my family while Trey was in Austin on a staff retreat this past week. We missed Daddy, but had a great time with everyone. My nephews Bayler (3 yrs.) and Bridges (14 months) have grown so much since Christmas and it was wonderful to spend time with them. I tried to take pictures of most events, but David got sick and I was a little distracted on some days. Here is a little about our fun week...



To start off the week, we had a cookout with the Teal side of the family on Sunday. Here are all the second cousins (back row: Bayler, Walker, David, Tripp, front row: Bridges and the lone girl, Emily Grace). The adults had fun catching up and David had fun playing with all of his "big cousins".


At the cookout Daddy T and David had fun picking grass, which is one of David's favorite things to do while outside.


David and Bridges had lots of fun with their Dee Dee!


David and Bridges were having so much fun playing together. David wishes he could walk as well as Bridges... I'm sure it won't be long until they are running around together!


On Monday we went to see "Aunt B" (my sister Brittany). She is working with Camp Thunderbird in Charlotte, N.C. David's favorite part about her job? Riding on her golf cart! He absolutely LOVED it! He was practically "singing" he was so content while we were riding around.


Daddy T was nice enough to drive us to the pediatrician since David's fever spiked up to 102ish on Tuesday. It was a virus so the doctors couldn't give us anything but at least we knew what we were dealing with. The virus plus teething did not make for the happiest baby on some days!


David had lunch with "the girls" on Thursday. From left, David, Dee Dee, Aunt Debbie, Me, Liza, Aunt Rose, Hope and Cousin Claudia. David still wasn't feeling well so he didn't get to play with sweet Claudia much. I am also sad that I didn't get a great picture of Claudia... I am absolutely in love with her! She is the happiest baby I've ever seen. She was so good at lunch that she slept through half of it. We loved seeing all of you!!!


Bridges and Uncle Rob were lots of fun. Rob and his beautiful wife Risha celebrated their 2nd anniversary while we were visiting. Happy Anniversary Rob and Risha!!! We miss you guys!


This is mostly the view we had of "the boys". They were all on the move!


Bayler was great with "Davin"! He was also a big help to me, running to get diapers and giving him his paci. It makes me wish I had a 3 year old living with us (well, maybe just a few hours a day)!


While I was home we dressed the boys alike to have their picture made. They were only wearing overalls, which was too fun! Don't I have the cutest nephews??? I'll have to post a picture when we get them back. The proofs were priceless!!


We were quite a crew walking through Wal-Mart with the boys dressed alike! It is amazing how many things you need for a baby on the road, especially a sick baby. After this picture we were off to the airport where David and I experience a 3 hour delay. But, thankfully we made it home safe!

Thanks for a great week! We miss all of you bunches and can't wait to see you again!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Jenna said…

    Looks like you had a great time. I bet it made you homesick!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Devona said…

    I loved all the pictures! Especially the one of the boys dressed alike, too cute. I bet you had a great time being back home with your family. Makes it hard to be so far away, doesn't it? Sorry to hear David was sick while you were gone, poor boy. Hope he's alright now and glad to hear you made it back safe even after your delay!

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Hey Girl, looks like you had a great time with your family. Sorry to here about David being sick. There is nothing worse than your child being sick. Love the pictures in overalls, can't wait to see more. Yes, we need to get together :) I leave next Monday to go and see my parents and stay with them for a week and then my mom and I are going to stay with my sister for a week so I will be gone for the next 2 weeks (poor daddy, I hope Kevin makes it, he is coming up at the end of the 2 week to pick me up but I am sure he is going to miss his girls) When I get back we will definitely plan on doing something together since we live so close to one another.

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger Hope said…

    We were so happy to have ya'll visit! Thank you for the sweet things you said about Claudia. Can't wait to see you again!

     
  • At 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    how beautiful our three grandson's are. we have been so blessed!!! i found this poem -- i hope you like it as much as i did. i may never be as clever as my neighbor down the street, i may never be as wealthy as some other men i meet, i may never have the glory that some other men have had,but i,ve got to be successful as a little fellow,s dad. there are certain dreams i cherish that i,d like to see come true, there are things i would accomplish,ere my working time is through, but the task my heart is set on is to guide a little lad and to make myself successful as that little fellow,s dad. i may never get earth,s glory, i may never gather gold, men may count me as a failure when my business life is told, but if he who follows after is a christian, i,ll be glad, for i,ll know i,ve been successful as a little fellow,s dad. happy father,s day trey!!!! love dee dee

     

Post a Comment

<< Home