David Edward Kelly

This page is set up for our son, David. He was born on August 11, 2005 at 4:33 pm. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

The morning after


Here is the big boy sitting on his big bed! I took the picture this morning as he was waking up and you can see the first thing he has in his hand... every morning! David did pretty well last night. He fell off the bottom bunk after only 2 hours, but slept great on the trundle. Our plan was to let him decide which one he liked best. Then, he made it until 5:00 am (NOT my usual waking time) when he came into our room saying "Mommy?", "Where my mommy?". So, I got up and took him back to his room. He was so tired by the time I laid him down and rubbed his back a few minutes, he was asleep again. I went back to my room. 30 minutes later he was crying outside our door. So, back to his room we went. He went back to sleep but kept waking up to see if he was alone or not. Then came my mistake... I thought to myself "I'll just lay on the bottom bunk for a few minutes", well the next thing I knew it was 8:00 am and Trey was standing over us saying he was going to work. David and I slept another 30 minutes before waking up for good. I was trying really hard not to lay in bed with him (so technically the bottom bunk was not in the same bed, no snuggles were happening) and I think he did pretty well considering we made him go cold turkey. The interesting part will be nap time today! We told him his crib was broken (which it is since we didn't put it back together yet) so he really doesn't have a choice. I just hope it isn't a battle. You never can tell with David. He likes to feel like a big boy, but at the same time if it is not his idea, he has a tendency to fight us. I guess we'll see!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Beth Goff said…

    YEAH FOR DAVID! That is great!! I am so proud of him. Getting Karoline to go to sleep the first night was HORRIBLE for us. Keep me posted on his progress. After three or four days he will forget about his crib. We moved the changing table in Andersons room this weekend and we are changing her in there and she never even says anything about the crib. She misses the rocker though I think... only because she likes climbing on it.
    I wish we lived closer too... we only have one couple here who likes college football!!!!

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Hope said…

    Yeah David!! What a big boy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home