David Edward Kelly

This page is set up for our son, David. He was born on August 11, 2005 at 4:33 pm. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

So far, so good...

Well, David went down for his nap on the trundle in about 10 minutes!!! I knew he would be tired since he spent all morning at church playing with his friends and running on the stage after service(s). I followed our normal Sunday after church routine and after telling him goodnight, I shut the door. I knew he would get up, but I was o.k. with that since he can't open the door yet. He said "mommy" a few times, but not the way he did early this morning. He wasn't scared, just confused. Anyway, I let him explore the room a few minutes (we don't have much in there right now) and I want him to feel comfortable in his new sleeping space. After about 5 minutes, I walked in the room, gave one last hug, and told him to lay down. I sat next to him on the floor, but did not look at him. He actually said to me "I go to sleep..." and about 3 minutes later he was snoring! I am so thankful that it was not traumatic. We have praying with him and about this transition, because a pregnant mama needs her SLEEP!!! And, if you're wondering why in the world I am typing all of the stages of what is going on with switching beds, it is because I will never remember for baby #2 and I really want to! Praise the Lord, I am off to take a nap as well...

3 Comments:

  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Beth Goff said…

    YEAH!!! That is great! I am so proud of him. Karoline knows how to open our doors so that was really a hard part for us. We have the french door type knobs... not the round ones (I hate them!).

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As I'm typing this, I have my fingers crossed, hoping that McCanless is finally asleep..yup, it's almost midnight and she has been up and down too many times to count. She has been sleeping with us since birth, literally, and finally now that Mary Clare is here, we have decided that McCanless is old enough for her own room in her own bed. (I know, I know, 3 1/2..yikes, we started this way too late) She has done well so far, never crying (much anyway) but she has countless excuses... I have to go potty, I need water, I need a hug, etc....what to do?? Good for you for doing this early. I don't know what we were thinking. It was just too wonderful to have her all to ourselves in our bed for so long. I think it was harder on me than her! Good Luck! Hope you are getting some sleep! Kerri

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like it's going pretty well so far. Way to go, David!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home