David Edward Kelly

This page is set up for our son, David. He was born on August 11, 2005 at 4:33 pm. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Staying Home


I don't think I've made a post about our day to day life lately and I caught myself being so thankful today, I wanted to share. I am able to be home everyday now that it is summer and I LOVE spending the day with David. I also feel like I have time to take care of my amazing husband and actually live in our house. I cook most nights and still have the energy to clean up and stay awake long enough to enjoy a movie with Trey. Now that I've had a taste of being an at home wife/mom I am even more excited about the fall and not having to work full time... Trey and I have made the decision to try to make it financially with me working only 3 days next year at a mother's day out program. I will be teaching 4 year olds and David will be able to join me at the same place in a class with children his age. David is growing so fast and I am happy that I will get to spend lots of time with him, but he will still be around other children which he loves. God is so good to us and we know He will provide if we trust Him. So far, the sacrafices we've made are completely worth it! Here are some pictures I shot of David while we were outside enjoying the day...



6 Comments:

  • At 12:08 AM, Blogger Beth Goff said…

    I am so excited for you and that you will be working part time next year!! I LOVE being at home with Karoline and would hate it if I had to work full time. That will be so nice that you will get to work 3 days and be so close to David. What a blessing! I feel so lucky to be able to stay at home... Have a great day! Beth

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dani, I'm so glad for you! I still have moments where I'm so thankful to be able to be at home and enjoy my family. One big difference for me was being able to relax and enjoy Sundays. I had never known they could be so nice!

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger Amy C said…

    I am so glad you are going to be able to stay home with your little man. What blessing. Enjoy! Praise God!

     
  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Hope said…

    I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU! I promise there is no better job in the world than being with your little one! Yes, there are sacrifices, but when he is grown and out of the house, I know you will look back and be so thankful you made the choice to stay home. Three days a week will be a nice little break for both of you. We love you and miss you so much!!!

     
  • At 2:34 PM, Blogger Devona said…

    I am so happy for you! When Sammy was in pre-k, then kindergarten (and had the best teacher!!) and AJ was in daycare, I had an evening job. It was so hard because both boys were in school all day, then I got to see them for an hour before I had to go to work and by the time I got home, they were in bed. It was the hardest 2 years of my life and I'm so thankful now that every day I get to stay home with all my boys. Well....most days I'm thankful! And it's even more wonderful that you can still go to work and bring David with you. You are going to have the best of both worlds and you're going to love it! You're an amazing woman and we all love ya and miss ya!!

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Beth said…

    Dani, I was checking out Amy C. blog and loved it and yours. So guess what... I started our own blog. Check out our Disney pictures.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home