David Edward Kelly

This page is set up for our son, David. He was born on August 11, 2005 at 4:33 pm. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Name

After much deliberation, we finally have a name for the sweet little guy growing inside me...


Jonathan Dock Kelly


We chose Jonathan because Trey and I both pray that our boys will have an extremely close relationship, much like David and Jonathan in the Bible. 1 Samuel 18 tells how they were closer than brothers and had a deep love/respect for one another. We chose Dock because it is a special family name. It feels good to have this under our belt and now we are just counting down the days until we finally meet him. We are so excited and can't wait to love on Jonathan! David kisses his "baby bruder" all the time, but follows the kiss with "o.k. night, night Jonathan, go to sleep!" and then pulls down my shirt. Maybe he'll get his wish and Jonathan will be a great sleeper :)!

5 Comments:

  • At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love it! I know that Jonathan Dock Kelly will be a wonderful little brother and an amazing man of God. My prayers are with ya'll and I love you bunches!

    Aunt B

     
  • At 8:48 AM, Blogger Christa said…

    I love that name...can't wait to see updates.

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Sandi said…

    You know I LOVE that name!!!! When you get a chance, you need to post pics of the nursery and David's big boy room.
    Love ya.

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    That is a beautiful name! I can't wait to meet him through the blog very soon :) And one day in person too!

     
  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger Beth Goff said…

    Oh I love the name!! How special!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home