David Edward Kelly

This page is set up for our son, David. He was born on August 11, 2005 at 4:33 pm. He was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Mommy and David Day

It occured to me yesterday that today is probably the last day I would have to spend with just David and myself for a really long time... and while I don't usually think like the "the glass is half empty", it brought about a TON of emotions. I can't wait to meet Jonathan and to love on him, but I got a little sad. So, I planned a day for just David and myself. We went to church last night (gotta love Saturday night service!), which left the entire day open. Trey had to work and is now at the Cowboy's game so David and I hit all his favorite spots. It was really fun and kinda special to spend so much time focusing on just him! David is a real joy to be around and I now I feel like we are both ready to welcome Jonathan and enjoy him together!

Our first stop was the park. I was going to attempt the zoo, but didn't know if I could walk around that long. My contractions are getting stronger each day! Plus, David would just as well play baseball and run around.

He loves to run the bases and slide yelling "safe"!


We stayed at the park for over an hour and then headed to Central Market for lunch. They also have a playground and yummy, fresh food! I let David get what he wanted... pizza and french fries. Needless to say, he won't be picking out his meals for a long time since he already chooses junk :)!

After lunch and time on the playground we headed over to Southlake Town Center. David threw pennies in the fountain...

And ate ice cream! Yes, folks, its 80 degrees here today! He even told me be wanted "ba-nilla" as his flavor and he picked out the cone. I can't believe he is getting to be so big!

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgJf4gnltxyK4Fd_1j-3ZtCiiQAamUHzo-oDggAseVjD6FC3yppVmGFV3St7NieXQBx10MC5KvIhJVoaVUuOJeOlSkWzUxuDXP4WdorXvV3Rb6ml7uX1ThXrCFuHuHqniU89JVP/s1600-h/IMG_9138.JPG">We ended the day with a little visit to the Santa Village (with no Santa yet). David had fun looking at all the "kiss-mas" decorations before he headed home and both took a long nap. I love my little man so much and we had a wonderful day!

4 Comments:

  • At 12:26 AM, Blogger Beth Goff said…

    How special! I totally understand all your emotions. It can be overwhelming sometimes. But I can promise that once Jonathan gets here you do realize that you have so much love to give both! Hope you are feeling well!

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Hope said…

    Sounds like you had so much fun with David! I am sure he will be a great big brother to little Jonathan!

    We missed you all so much yesterday, but it sounds like you had a very special day. Love you all!

     
  • At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I felt the same way just before I had Mary Clare, especially with all of her medical concerns. McCanless has grown up so much and is now such a big girl, which can be bittersweet. BUT, you'll find that you have given him so much. Someone once told me that you give your child a best friend when you have another. (which we both know is true) It is one of the greatest gifts you can give David. Take care and post new pics of baby Jonathan soon after his arrival. I can't wait to see David and Jonathan together! Love, Kerri

     
  • At 1:14 PM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    what a FUN day!! I used to LOVE central market!!!! 1 of the many things I miss from our Dallas time! Hope Jonathan comes soon- David is going to be a great big bro!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home